I've met people from everywhere. Oxford is more international than I thought. Half of the graduate students are from outside the UK I think. So far I've got alone with them pretty well. People in my college are all very nice. Staffs are friendly and so as my MCR person. I've just finished my dinner in LMH dining hall. Poo... there are too many undergrads. They are so energetic and YOUNG. I haven't met whole faculty in my department but I did met my class. As usual, we are from everywhere. We've covered the 4 major continents (except people from the Antarctic). We are anticipated to work hard though this year... so we'll see.
As to the food and weather, I can tell you both of them not every enjoyable. It's very cold now if you use the standard in TW. It's about 10 degrees Celsius at night Currently. Check the weather. I've trained myself to get use to the weather here. Food is okay. They wont satisfy your appetite but will always feed you.
The city is cool, there are many shops--supermarkets, argos and high street shops as well. Always there will be many tourists around city centre and spots like Bodleian and Christ Church. We only have show our student card and we are in. It's probably the few moment freshers feel the vanity. Hah~
I think I will be busy for another few days. So here is just my short talk about life here. It's exciting and definitely unforgettable. I hope I can show you photos soon.
Oh, there are 2 more things I should mention here.
First, L'Arc-en-Ciel gigs were really cool. Hopefully I will write it down soon. And thanks to Amelia, I really ate too much food in Tokyo. I've missed those foods already, you know...
Second, I will not have access to BBS and Skype for a whole year. Tragedy, I know. The University blocks all peer to peer (P2P) programs so I can't use skype, technically. My college blocks port 23 so I can't login BBS at all. Please please contact me through www ways!
Tuesday, 4 October 2005
New Life Here
Yeah... I know I've got to say something about what've happened these days. I am a bit busying on nearly everything here~ didn't take pictures because dont have the leisure. But I can still talk a bit about life here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment