In my past two weeks many things happened. Two drafts have been written down but I can never find a time to edit them. I guess I will just leave them and never go back. Here is briefly what I did in the past week.
<Monday> 31/10. It was Halloween. It's huge in the states but not here. Oxford does not obsess about Halloween. However, we do have some activities for that, some normal ones, not like the parades in the states. Several Halloween bops were held. I've been one at St. Cross last Sat. In LMH, we had a murder mystery dessert party on Monday night. We played our own role and tried to discover who the murder was. The setting was late 19th century and I was Queen Victorian's lady-in-waiting. Everybody had to dress up for that.
<Tuesday> I had a wirte-up due this day. I wrote more than 2000 words in this one plus some graphs and excel charts. This one is all about pharmacokinetics and statistics. Full of math but I'm ok with this level of statistics.
<Wednesday> I had my second tutorial with my mentor. She said my second essay was much better than my first one. Hence I was so happy for the rest of the day.
<Thursday> There was formal dinner in St. Anne. The weather was getting cold but I insisted wearing a skirt. Heh. St. Anne is a modern one, like a vacation resort. Their in-campus accommodation looks like a hotel room, with balcony!
<Friday> Another write-up due this day. I started on it from 9am and hand it in at 4pm. 1800 words. Then rushed to high street to buy a cheap jumper. It was freezing! I went to St. Cat for another guest dinner. Cat is very different from LMH. Security here is strict and even getting out you need a fob (some kind of electronic key). But I can enter nearly everywhere in Cat without a password or key. I had a nice and long talk with a medic called Sally. Cats people are lovely.
<Saturday> It is just beginning now. I need to finish my another essay today then I can go to see White Stripes tomorrow in London. I was almost regret booking that ticket because I was exausted this week. I want to sleep I want to eat I want to listen to music I want to hang out with friends without worrying about my essaies. I want sunshine.
I've heard that it was 31 degrees in TW yesterday. Don't you really!!? It's 5°C here. I need some more clothes, seriously. Got to go back to work now. Take care~
How people dressed in the murder mystery party. We had finished the murder mystery when taking the photo.The background is our old libery, now used for gala night things I think.
Saturday, 5 November 2005
What I Did
I've got to say something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment